Thursday, November 29, 2012

"Does it have to Match?"



So, I answer the phone, and a woman asks, "Is this the woman from Artful Living?" and I say,
"yes, this is CJ." After around five minutes of her story surrounding the rehanging of their
house and that she was readying for Family Christmas, etc....she gets to the point of her call.

"Do all the frames have to match if the artwork is hanging on the same wall? Is it okay, if they are in
different frames, in the same room, but on different walls?" An Artful Intervention was needed!

I was smiling to myself as she went on about her concern, and I realized she was truly fretting about
it. So, when I shot a pic of one of the gallery walls, and a glimpse of three pieces at home and sent
them to her, it assured her that when you are collecting original pieces of art, they are in frames that
are hopefully selected by the artist or a framing professional, and should be suited to that piece of art.

Let the artwork exist as its own entity and try to hang pieces near one another that visually complement
and don't overpower one another.......


1 comment:

  1. That's why we need you to see how we've hung our paintings. I think we're fine, but not sure. What a great entry.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete